This module is intended for providers who have obtained their DATA Waiver to prescribe buprenorphine. The module addresses the difficulties that providers face in treating patients with opioid use disorders with buprenorphine and assist providers in working with patients on unanticipated events such as injury and pregnancy. The module aims to increase the confidence of DATA Waived providers in treating patients with buprenorphine in difficult cases.
- Simplify the buprenorphine induction process to make it feasible in their practice
- Address difficulties that may occur over the course of treating patients with buprenorphine
- Develop psychosocial treatment plans that are tailored to patient needs
- Manage unanticipated events such as injury and pregnancy in patients on buprenorphine
- Name two (2) resources that can provide additional support for buprenorphine prescribers as they encounter complexities in patient care