This module is intended for health professionals who have not received a DATA Waiver for buprenorphine. The module will explore introductory information on opioid use disorder as a chronic disease, the functioning of medications for opioid use disorder, and a path towards receiving a buprenorphine waiver, when applicable.
- Explain the chronic disease model of opioid use disorder (OUD)
- Discuss the risks and benefits of medications that are available to treat OUD
- Describe the fundamentals of medications treatment for OUD
- Begin to develop partnerships with local substance use treatment programs
- Choose a buprenorphine waiver training program that fits their needs and the needs of their patients